Information about the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program.
Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) volunteers (age 55 and older) work throughout the Albuquerque/Bernalillo County community by providing support services to more than 77 public and nonprofit agencies including senior centers, multigenerational centers, sports and fitness centers, satellite senior mealsites, schools, juvenile programs, police departments, hospitals, museums, social services, environmental projects, Meals on Wheels, Catholic Charities transportation services. Volunteers also work on one time special event projects.
RSVP benefits include:
- Mileage reimbursement up to $10 a month
- Bus pass and Sun Van reimbursements up to $20 a month with receipts
- Supplemental accident and liability coverage while on duty
- Recognition events, awards ceremonies, and social gatherings
- Networking with other volunteers and agencies
- Opportunities for meaningful, challenging, and diverse volunteer experiences
- Assistance with volunteer placement