Add to Calendar
Recycled and Upcycled Art
WhenApr 26, 2014 09:00 AM - Apr 27, 2014 05:00 PM
The 6th Annual Recycled Art Fair takes place 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, April 26, and Sunday, April 27, at Open Space Visitor Center.
During the fair, enjoy vendors selling a variety of arts and crafts.
Revived Gallery Show
We will have "Revived," a juried art exhibit in the Visitor Center main gallery the months of March and April.
OPENING RECEPTION for REVIVED!
March 8th 3-6 pm
Please review the following two vendor forms:
About the Recycled Art Fair
The City of Albuquerque celebrates its annual Spring Clean-ups in the Sandia Foothills with this annual event.
Please join us to see how this amazing phenomenon is evolving.
The Recycled Art Fair began in 2009 and has multiplied in size and scope. I look forward to reviewing your proposals. Do not hesitate to call or email with questions. Thank you for your cooperation in creating a successful celebration of upcycling.
2012 Recycle Art Fair Winners
- 1st Place: "Frankenseed" by Wes Brittenham
- 2nd Place: "Lotus Flowers" by Susan Tische
- 3rd Place: Two entrants tied: "April Bond" by Luke Logan and "Spotted Balls" by Mataji Graham
- Honorable Mentions: "Figure" by Adrienne Aleixandre of the Bosque School; "Billy da Kid" by Gilbert Candelaria
Past Recycled Art Fair Organizers, Volunteers & Sponsors
The success of the 2012 Recycled Art Fair would not have been possible without the hard work and support of key people and groups.
- Kim Selving: The founder of the Fair who nearly single-handedly coordinated every aspect of the event right down to (almost) driving up to Santa Fe to collect the handmade ribbons for the artists.
- Peggy Minich: An Open Space volunteer who bravely knocked on doors and raised approximately $600 worth of food and donations.
- Open Space Alliance
- Local Businesses supporting the 2012 event with food and gifts:
Albertson's | Baggin's Sandwich Shop | Garret's Jerky | Jinja Restaurant | Pizza Hut | Pudge Brother's Pizza | Riverside Plaza Starbucks | Sakura Restaurant | Smith's | Sunflower Market | Village Inn | Weck's
- Open Space and UNM Volunteers: Surely, this event would have been utter chaos without the kind help of the following people (in no particular order):
Michael Mock | Charlie Wood | Chris Barber | Suzy Sholar | Bobbie Sholar | Erik Sholar | Gwen Branch | Jill Greene | Nina Trogon | Susan Noftsker | Carl Vikstrom | Sari Jensen | Linda Dell Baltzley | Lisa Costlow | Pat Willis | Doug Calderwood | Jackie Kozal | Rick Willis