Information for veterans seeking mental health assistance in Albuquerque.
Photo courtesy Defense Department.
Albuquerque Veterans' Center
- Services are free for veterans with a DD214 with combat records.
- Counseling (individual and group) is provided by fellow combat veterans.
- PTSD screening and treatment; readjustment counseling; sleep problems; marital; sexual trauma; and bereavement
- Legal advice and drug and alcohol counseling are also available at the Mountain Road Vets Center.
- Counselors will refer veterans to the VA Health Care System for further treatment. They will also refer veterans to the DAV, VFW, American Legion, or Military Order of the Purple Heart to file a disability claim with the VA.
Mental Health Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Programs (MHRRPT)
Life skills for homeless veterans with mental health issues at the New Mexico Veterans Affairs Health Care System, 1501 San Pedro SE. To apply for residential services call 505-265-1711 ext. 4845.
- Mental Health; Substance Abuse
- Independent Living; Relationships/Family
Behavioral Health Care Line (BHCL)
All kinds of different mental health service for veterans at the New Mexico Veterans Affairs Health Care System. Find a referral for many programs. Call 505-265-1711 ext. 2440 or toll free at 1-800-465-8262 ext. 2440.