A guideline to submitting exhibitions for the KiMo Art Gallery.
GUIDELINES CRITERIA AND GENERAL INFORMATION FOR 2014 SEASON
The purpose of the KiMo Gallery is to promote local and regional artists. Exhibitions can fall under the (5) Categories:
- COMMUNITY/GROUP SHOWS defined as three (3) or more artists.
- 1% FOR ART SHOWS including artists who have been invited to participate or have been commissioned for a 1% for Art project.
- THEME SHOWS defined as exhibits curated solely by KiMo/SBCC curator.
- STATE OR REGIONAL EXHIBITIONS.
- NATIONAL OR INTERNATIONAL TRAVELING COLLABORATIONS OR TOURING EXHIBITIONS.
KiMo RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE, OR TO ALLOW ANY DISPLAY OF ART WHICH MIGHT BE OFFENSIVE TO THE PUBLIC. Due to the high volume of young children touring the exhibits we do prefer non-nude subjects for display, please use discretion when selecting your pieces for our Gallery. Thank you.
EXHIBITION CONTENT CRITERIA
KiMo/SBCC Gallery Curator will consider Exhibitions, which are:
- Educational, cultural and of broad public interest
- Economically attainable
- Available during KiMo Gallery timetable
- Able to fit physically into the KiMo Gallery space
- Two (2) dimensional Digital installations if the Artist provides all required equipment
Proposals should include the following:
- The name of the group that is requesting the Exhibition.
- A list of the participating members and addresses, phone numbers and email addresses at which each can be reached.
- A description of each artist’s work: medium, size, type of mounting, etc.
- At least three photographs or slides of representative work from each participant. Digital submissions are highly recommended: CD or DVD and or related websites
- A general cohesive theme, medium or subject establishing a consistency throughout the exhibit.
Realizing that the works originally proposed for an Exhibition may sell before the time of installation, it is requested that upon the actual installation there be also a listing of the exhibited works with:
June 1st, 2013 is the deadline for the KiMo Gallery. Gallery Curator will select Gallery shows from among applications for the coming year – March to March.
Please send proposals to:
1025 Broadway SE
Albuquerque, NM 87102